Thursday, July 11, 2013

The UGH(ERY)

I probably should really consider how grammatical and punctual this post is, however: I didn't major in English, Literature, or Writing. So, excuse me in advance.

Now, that I've gotten that out of the way.

I was sitting up surfing the web, trying to navigate google plus and trending topics. And what do I happen to stubble upon? The Trayvon Martin Trial and I will admitt, I am nosey and I should have never even clicked on that tab. But, I did and I was hurt. Greatly.

Generally, I'm a big supporter of the notion that "people can agree to disagree."

I get it! Some people feel that Zimmerman is right and some think he is wrong and vice versa and upside down and side ways. And I'm not discounting that or any of the issues in this case. However, there are profound ones surrounding it: Stand your ground, racism, media, government, black on black crime and so much that it truly is heart breaking...

I think as a people we should stand together,(black, white, african, asian, hispanic) and strive to foster a healthier population of people. Let's instill in our children some core morals and values and beliefs.

Shame on Money, and shame on the media and anyone for that matter who tries to turn this situation into a race thing. Because here's the thing, maybe it is a race thing. Maybe there would have been a different turn of events if Trayvon was white or hispanic or maybe not. But, that doesn't change the fact that he is gone, and it doesn't help this situation. It just makes it bigger and uglier and messier and nastier and makes more divided and a nation. Instead of more united as humane beings. We have all and probably will all, experience some type of injustice at least once in our lifetime. It's not fair, it's life. It happens! It shouldn't! But it does.

This situation is already unfortunate enough without any additions.

Question: Why are black people mad about someone of another race killing a black person and black on black crime is the norm  in some areas?

I'm not sure anyone can answer that, but what I want to say is this. Killing, murder, death...It's all final. As in no coming back from it. But why hasn't Chicago drawn attention? Because not enough people care enough about it. It's not profitable. It's normal. It's not worth talking about. It's not viewed as injustice. People haven't gotten angry enough.

We as a society have to get so mad about certain things that we bring attention to it. We make the media care. We make it profitable. Not just a white thing or a white thing or me or you thing but an us thing.

This is such a tangent, but just like reality tv. All of the violence and womenizing garbage they put up there. It's sickening, it doesn't seem real and it gives our children nothing positive to grasp. But they don't stop dumping it up there. Why? Ratings, Money, and profit margin. If it wasn't interesting and no one was watching, if they couldn't make money from it, then you wouldn't see it.

Race...
"Black people are the most racist population in the country"

I mean what do you say to something like that. I don't consider myself racist. I like all people. But I know many african american people who will turn nothing into something and that something into something more and that to something racial. Oppression... There are going to be people who dislike an whole race off of the past, or sterotypes and just whatever.  But instead of allowing ourselves to be sucked into a whirlwind of oppression lets exceed that. How do we do this? I'm not sure, but I think a start would be by not buying into it. Because if I offer it and you buy it then I'm going to continue to sell it.

Character...

Good people do bad things and bad people do good things. The devil was once an angel. All of us were once young (still are young), and how many questionable things have we done in our lives and I won't say immoral or unethical because that type of terminology scares some people. The point is, it happens we all make mistakes no matter how big or small, old or young. For we all have sinned and fallen short of the glory. And we all have a past. The one thing I try to live by is this: every breathe I take while I'm on this earth is another day to make things right. I'm not perfect but I'm real. Character is the only thing that you have for yourself. A reputation can be made and broken and remade again. Your character however, is who you are. Or at the least who you strive inside to be.

The most hurtful of the things for me to see is the hatred. From all people. It just really is an uncalming feeling

No comments:

Post a Comment