Sunday, July 7, 2013

A Beautiful Day in Virginia

I love days that I don't have to work and I can just sleep in and relax. The feeling of not having anything to do or feeling pressured. A wonderful feeling, truly it is.

Today is so beautiful in Virginia and hopefully it's a nice day wherever you are reading from. Today the mailman and I are going to take Baby Emsley to Busch Gardens (an amusement park) and hopefully we will have some fun.

Lately, I've been thinking: how can I improve this blog? How can I gain readership, take things to the next level, create and share better content, and post more frequently during hectic times? So, I've been reading different material and one of the many problems that I've found that I have is defining a target audience. That is, Why am I blogging and what are my goals?

But....

To be honest I don't have a target audience. Or any intentions of defining a target audience. I want anybody and everybody who wants to read, to read. I want to write about any and everything that I want to write about. And maybe this is a bad thing in terms of readership and longevity of this blog, but I've accepted that.

This isn't a mommy blog, but I am a mommy.

This isn't a pharmacy blog, but I am a pharmacist in training.

 This isn't a student blog, but I am a student

and

This definitely isn't a weight- loss blog, but we all know that I'm trying to lose weight.

It's personal. It's the ups and downs of life. Not knowing or even at times, feeling like you have an utter piece of control over your own life but enjoying it anyway. This blog is creative and awkward, sometimes irrelevant and maybe never current. Hectic, socially weird, and always honest. I don't make this stuff up. I mean I can't make this stuff up.

I blog so that maybe I can inspire, motivate, help, or even encourage. There are always people in life to tell you how things should be. What is wrong and right. Stereotypes.  But, where are the people to help you fix things, to tell you it will be okay, offer suggestions, listen, and show you that their life is just as not together as the most not togetherest liv
es are...

No comments:

Post a Comment