Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Birthday!

This weekend I celebrated a Birthday! And to be quite honest it just felt like another day. I mean it was nothing to spectacular and being that I'm on this Daniel Fast it really wasn't much. You know, I think people really don't recognize how integral food is in our culture. Emsley gave me two birthday cards and a dollar. This I found to be the best part of my birthday. It was too cute. The mailman gave me some beats by dre wireless headphones and I absolutely love them. So, I took that bobraz out of my head it was the absolute worst! For the first time I used my chi which I feel doesn't get hot enough to handle my hair. Therefore, I will be purchasing something different. I had planned to focus this blog on reflections from my life and my goals going forward but it seems that I have gotten a bit off track. So, I will start here:

There comes a time in life where you have to accept the fact that you are an adult and that childish things you have to put away. I can't and I don't wear a lot of the clothing that I use to wear because I'm a parent an adult. I don't argue a lot with people because I can agree to disagree with people. I TRY not to hold grudges because we are all subject to make mistakes. I keep my cursing to minimal because vulgar language doesn't demonstrate a broad vocabulary. I'm sleep by a certain time, mostly because I just need and value sleep. I TRY not to lie because I'm an adult and part of that means being honest with myself and telling things like they are no matter how bad things sound. That sounds really bad so I must explain myself okay I lie and I know that I shouldn't but mostly if I lie I'm lying about forgetting something because I'm so forgetful. I plan things because you have to plan with a child. I'm learning to be comfortable in my skin because it's mine and it's been with me for awhile no and it's not going anywhere any time soon. I accept the things I cannot change and change the things I can. I want to be a good mother and part of that I feel is leading by example. Children are so IMPRESSIONABLE and I want to make sure that I'm giving Ems something positive. It's hard to grow up especially because it means you are closer to death or giving up something you really enjoy or you just want to stay young. And I always want to stay youthful, and classy (classic), and Lord Help me I don't want to age BAD. In short birthdays use to be fun and a time to collect presents but, that's no longer the case and that kind of makes me sad.









2 comments: